Thursday, March 29, 2012

Darlene (Purser) Bair

Thoughts by Stan Bair (son)


Grandma Bair was my inspiration my whole life. On short inspirational story she taught me was as early as my a6th or 7th birthday. She would send out invitations for my party. We didn't really care who came. We just wanted presents. One of those birthdays she invited among others, was a young lady from our ward was not as privileged. Her family was inactive. She always dressed poorly and was not kept very well. Her hair was never combed. She always was very quiet, meek, and standoffish. My mom certainly wanted to help her. After our party she was the last one to be taken home. My mom then gave her a sack of toys as well as a basket of fruit to eat. She showed me how to care for less fortunate people. She showed me not to tease. To be kind at an early age.

Another thing she taught me was to control my temper. Once I was peeling a potato and she made me mad and I took the potato and threw it on the floor and splattered it throughout the kitchen. She did not yell at me , or scold me. She quietly sobbed. I felt so bad that I had caused my Mom to cry so badly. I swore to never again loose my temper with her and cause her to cry again. I could mention so many great things about my mom.

Thoughts by Michael Bair (Grandson)

I love my grandma so much. I miss her and think about her everyday. I remember going to Grandma and Grandpa's house every Sunday growing up. That is what we did after church. I would sit very quietly on the couch while everyone else talked. My grandma was always sure to smile and talk to me.

I'll never forget when I was walking through Grandma's kitchen one time what she had to say. She told me that I didn't smile enough. I think about that every time I feel down.

I remember being in the backyard one time and Grandma held me back from pounding my brother Eric!

Grandma loved playing cards. She was fun to play with. Grandma helped me learn how to fish. I remember one time I was able to go down to Utah with my grandma and grandpa for a family get together. We did some fishing and Grandma was the one cleaning the fish.

Grandma even made an effort to come to a few of my games. She had a good friend at my school that would take care of me for her. Her friend was a substitute teacher and could get a bit cranky with some of the other students, but she was always kind to me.

I love my grandma because of the life that she lived and the example that she set. She made sure to take care of me. I remember occasions when Grandma would tell me how proud she was of me and how she thought I was a special one. I want to live my life the best I can for my Grandma.

She has passed on, but I know she still lives. I know she is near. I can feel her.

Richmond City Cemetery
Richmond
Cache County
Utah, USA
Spouse:
Quinn R Bair

Children:
Kathy Jean (Bair) Hibbard
Stanley Quinn Bair
Steven Lynn Bair
LaNae (Bair) Becksted
Lloyd Purser Bair
Baby Daughter Bair

Parents:
Lyman Albert Purser
Abbie (Hyde) Purser

Siblings:
Ruth (Purser) Owens
Gordon Purser
Rosel Hyde Purser
John Hyde Purser
Eugene Lyman Purser
Arland Gloyd Purser
Abbigail (Purser) Woodall
Sterling Purser
Josie May Purser
JoAnn (Purser) Ezola

1 comment:

Unknown said...

1992 Oldsmobile Toronado AC Compressor
its nice to read a useful article for beginner like me. Some of points from this article are very helpful for me as I haven’t considered them yet. I would like to say thank you for sharing this cool article. Bookmarked and sharing for friends.