Thursday, May 9, 2013

Parents have a Sacred Duty to Teach their Children to Love and Serve One Another

Spiritual strength frequently comes through selfless service. -Thomas S. Monson, April 2010

I saw tomorrow passing on little children’s feet
And on their forms and faces her prophecies complete.
And then I saw tomorrow look at me through little children’s eyes.
And I thought how carefully I must teach if I am wise!
-Anonymous

 
Flecks of Gold, M. Russell Ballard

Dayton's Legs


Scriptures:

Now therefore fear the Lord, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the Lord.And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lordchoose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. -Joshua 24:14-15, Holy Bible

And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God. -Mosiah 2:18, Book of Mormon

No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. -Matthew 6:24, Holy Bible

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. -John 13: 34, Holy Bible

But ye will teach them to walk in the ways of truth and soberness; ye will teach them to love one another, and to serve one another. -Mosiah 4:15, Book of Mormon

Definitions:

Serve -to render assistance; be of use; help. -Dictionary.com

No comments: